Remember how we always ask for topic suggestions? LAPUG member Rosalind Jarret suggested the topic for this month's meeting and it's more about personal security and privacy. Specifically, Rosalind asked that we discuss the following:
• California's new privacy laws
• What are best practices for responding to the pop up notices about privacy and cookies. Should you block cookies?
• Should you install an ad blocker and if so which one?
• What are best settings for Google Privacy? For Facebook Privacy?
• Differences in privacy practices for laptop vs iPhone
These are all fantastic topics and each could probably fill an entire meeting. But, we'll address those as much as we can and we welcome input from other LAPUG members who may have experience with these topics
And, of course, we'll go over some other current events in the macOS world as well as review some cool Mac & iOS apps and leave some time for Q&A.
Direct download: LAPUG_20200309_1913.mp3
Category:User Group Meeting
-- posted at: 10:08am PDT